Here's this week's handpicked guitar news and musical mayhem from across the Internet for the week prior to March 29th, 2013.
Joke of the Week
Q: What do you call a guitar player without a lawnmower? A: Unemployed.
Quote of the Week
Music, once admitted to the soul, becomes a sort of spirit, and never dies. ~Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
Most Popular Guitar News
- 1950s plastic toy skiffle guitar with auto-chord attachment
- Greatest Guitar Movie Scenes
- WILLIE NELSON To Guest On New MEGADETH Album?
- Funk Guitar Tricks 101 by Michael ‘Nomad’ Ripoll
- Science Explains the Best Way to Get Songs Out of Your Head
- Gibson Announces Joe Perry Signature Guitar [News]
- Learn How to Play Blues Guitar Chords Video Lesson
- Melodic Patterns or Sequences Exercise
- Paul McCartney Names His Favorite Bass Player
- Skate Guitars – A Tale of Trash and Treasure
- Guthrie Govan blows my mind with a fretless guitar
- The (Abbreviated) Best Guitar Performances of SXSW 2013
- 10 Tips to Help You Get Your Chord Progressions Working
- Hole Notes: The Progressive, Acoustic Stylings of Virtuoso Picker Robert Fripp
- Classic Albums Re-Imagined as Book Covers [News]
- New Queensryche song – ‘Redemption’
- Albert King: The King of the Flying V
- Top 10 Classic Rock Documentaries
- Composing With a Drone String [Lessons]
- Video: Metallica Pose as Motorhead Tribute Band, The Lemmys, in 1995
- Dave Mustaine Set to Perform With the San Diego Symphony Orchestra [News]
- #GuitarChat with Julia Crowe : March 26th at 9pm (ET)
- Finger Stretching Excercises [Lessons]
To get daily guitar news updates, tips, humor and a bunch more daily guitar stuff to help keep you inspired, click here to follow me on Twitter at @MichaelJae. To get this list emailed directly to you each week, just subscribe for free to this site by adding your email at that the right.